Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Death Wobble!!!

Old 01-20-2020, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble!!!

Hello,
new to the forums.. Not to Jeeps, however.I have a an issue I've NEVER experienced before in any other jeep...Death Wobble. It started a few months back and progressively got worse over time.. at the beginning it was only around 30 - 40 mph regardless of driving conditions..meaning there was nothing "known" that happened to "initiate it"..and then "disappeared" as the speed increased.... it eventually degraded to the point that ANY speed over 20 MPH and it was uncontrollable.

I've replaced the Drag link, Tie rod section and both ends and upgraded the bolt on the Track bar to 9/16" and of course the Track bar ( yes , adjustable )., Both steering stabilizers and had the alignment done.. ran great for a week.. but every once in awhile around 30 - 40 mph it would start wobbling ..clear up after 40 mph but I could feel a "pulsing " in the steering wheel at all speeds.. now it's starting to feel that same wobble starting to creep back in at all higher speeds...

Any Ideas .. HELP!! lol...

Quick Reply: Death Wobble!!!