Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Death wobble on the FOX 59 news

Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death wobble on the FOX 59 news

check this out, death wobble made the news!

Drivers dub track issue the "Jeep death wobble" - fox59.com
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

good, maybe the nhtsa will follow up and force a recall
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

This won't result in any recall from Chrysler. It will just give Chrysler ammunition for not covering it under warranty. They missed the whole point of Chrysler using a bolt that's a smaller size than the hole it fits inside.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

more wobbles
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kleinrider
This won't result in any recall from Chrysler. It will just give Chrysler ammunition for not covering it under warranty. They missed the whole point of Chrysler using a bolt that's a smaller size than the hole it fits inside.
X2.. You could forget about the warranty
Old 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

" Devore said improperly installed after-market products or poor-quality lift kits can also make the problem worse. The most likely solution is to replace the track bar and then, “Align the vehicle correctly, make sure you don't have any other issues, then put on a dual stabilizer to help keep the problem from happening as quickly,” Devore said. "

Sounds like someone is trying to sell more Dual Steering Stabilizers... Or it just got edited that way. Seriously, I know of DW on stock Jeeps, no lift kits installed at all, and how will a dual steering stabilizer prevent the trackbar bushings from wearing out? I recently replaced the track bar on my 2010 JKU Sport and I honestly did not see any wear on the stock track bar after 30K miles. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that DW can be attributed to poor quality control on the assembly line, especially the torque on the trackbar bolt.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kleinrider
But isn't this a manufacturing defect? Which other vehicle also presents this issue?

That "explanation" from the 4WD guys just seemed like a sales pitch for people to replace the original for an aftermarket model.

Quick Reply: Death wobble on the FOX 59 news