Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Delay in JKUR order, due to Katzkins....Aaaargh!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Delay in JKUR order, due to Katzkins....Aaaargh!

OK...deep breath...my husband ordered my first Rubicon for my upcoming 40th. JKUR, Bright Silver, black leather, hard top, manual tranny, 4:10, max tow, mopar floor mats. Can't wait much longer. I relate to one guys post "...it better hurry up and get here so I can stop buying parts/mods" This will be my 6th Wrangler in a long line of well-loved Jeeps ('75, '92, '93, '06, '09). We will not lift this one (i want it to drive right), but will add aftermarket wheels, shorty bumper w/winch, rock rail steps, mopar fuel door, tail light guards/cage. And yes, I do plan to take it off road.

My JK was supposed to ship on May 18th and arrive here in California on the 28th. However, my husband received a call from the dealer on 16th that my order is delayed due to the black leather Katzkins. So now my JK sits in storage waiting for the darn leather...it's calling to me...I can hear it

Supposedly this adds another 17 days to my order. However, the 1-877-IAMJEEP operators don't have any information on this. I could use some words of wisdom, I'm making everyone around me irritated...
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Congrats and sorry to hear about the delay, but it will be well worth it. I waited ~3mos to get my JKU-R and I absolutely love the Katzkin leather
Old 05-19-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Windy, you know the old saying, he or she who waits shall receive, it's gona be a great Jeep for ya

Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aldaman
Congrats and sorry to hear about the delay, but it will be well worth it. I waited ~3mos to get my JKU-R and I absolutely love the Katzkin leather
Thats great to hear that the seats have worked out for you. I went back and forth on those, finally deciding that leather is easiest to clean (2 kids). If you have pics of your seats, I would love to see them.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77
Windy, you know the old saying, he or she who waits shall receive, it's gona be a great Jeep for ya

Thank you...no one understands this craziness like my fellow Jeepers.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear you COMPLETELY. My new JK is done, but just sitting in storage not shipping!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arjeeper
I hear you COMPLETELY. My new JK is done, but just sitting in storage not shipping!!
How can they do this to us? They know we can't sleep till it gets here! I'm gonna sleep IN mine when it arrives.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Thats great to hear that the seats have worked out for you. I went back and forth on those, finally deciding that leather is easiest to clean (2 kids). If you have pics of your seats, I would love to see them.
Some pics of the Katzkins.....

Old 05-20-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Very nice. The Pics are gorgeous. Now I have my "fix" until the Rubi. arrives. BTW, I see you went from Guam to Hawaii...Military? My brother's family lives on Wheeler AFB in Oahu. Right now he's flying a Kiowa in Afghanistan.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Very nice. The Pics are gorgeous. Now I have my "fix" until the Rubi. arrives. BTW, I see you went from Guam to Hawaii...Military? My brother's family lives on Wheeler AFB in Oahu. Right now he's flying a Kiowa in Afghanistan.
Hi, no not in the military. Just decided to relocate with the family....

Quick Reply: Delay in JKUR order, due to Katzkins....Aaaargh!