Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Diagnose my bad clutch

Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnose my bad clutch

It won't let me put it in gear when the jeep is on but the clutch feels alright?
What could it be?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure. I have a stick also and never had that happen. What happens when you put it in first?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your fluid level. The clutch shares the brake fluid resivoir. Look at the transmision bell housing is there any fluid aroud the bottom of it. If ur clutch master or slave cylinder is leaking u may see fluid down there and the resivoir will be low. This happend to me on my 07.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Apwjk518
Not sure. I have a stick also and never had that happen. What happens when you put it in first?
To get it home I pushed it while it was on, then got it in first and power shifted home
Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chris333
Check your fluid level. The clutch shares the brake fluid resivoir. Look at the transmision bell housing is there any fluid aroud the bottom of it. If ur clutch master or slave cylinder is leaking u may see fluid down there and the resivoir will be low. This happend to me on my 07.
Ok thanks. I'll check this

Quick Reply: Diagnose my bad clutch