Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Diff oil choice

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How warm should the diffs get?

Sent from my Obama phone using JK-Forum
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 AM
JK Freak

Personally I use AMSOIL and have in all my vehicles for years. Never has let me down and the company has been around forever. Prices are reasonable and quality is exceptional, and NO I am not a distributor lol.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Personally I use AMSOIL and have in all my vehicles for years. Never has let me down and the company has been around forever. Prices are reasonable and quality is exceptional, and NO I am not a distributor lol.
I was gonna use Amsoil but I called the folks at eaton and they said do not use a synthetic gear oil with a Detroit trutrac so I went with Lucas. Another fine product
Old 08-14-2013, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cam36
I was gonna use Amsoil but I called the folks at eaton and they said do not use a synthetic gear oil with a Detroit trutrac so I went with Lucas. Another fine product
Orly?

Old 08-14-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo

i put on tera covers at the same time so i did 1.5 qts front and 2.5 in the rear.
How did you accomplish this? I was just barely able to get a quart into the front dif. before it started pouring out of the TeraFlex fill hole (yes the Jeep was on a level surface)? Same with the rear, just barely 2 quarts (using bottom fill hole, not the H.P. fill hole).
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
How did you accomplish this? I was just barely able to get a quart into the front dif. before it started pouring out of the TeraFlex fill hole (yes the Jeep was on a level surface)? Same with the rear, just barely 2 quarts (using bottom fill hole, not the H.P. fill hole).
Riddler diff covers... I was able to fit 2.35 in there before it started coming out the fill hole on the riddler

Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08rubie

Riddler diff covers... I was able to fit 2.35 in there before it started coming out the fill hole on the riddler

Same here lol i way over filled mine the first time

Quick Reply: Diff oil choice