Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Difference in suspensions

Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in suspensions

What exactly is the differance in the suspension systems between X, Sahara, and Rubi? (ie coils, shocks)
The reason I ask is I'm wondering how much it would improve my X by adding someones Rubi suspension. Would it just bolt right in? or would there be more to it than that? Please help
Old 05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a suspension from a rubi hard top to put on my X. The front coil springs were exactly the same, down to the part number and green and blue tags...the shocks were stiffer from the rubi. The rear springs were a little stiffer (and different part numbers) and the rear shocks were a little stiffer. Pretty much the same set up as I had before...cetainly not what I expected when I paid for it. As far as changing out the suspensions, it is pretty much just lower the axles, drop the old stuff and stick the new in.

Quick Reply: Difference in suspensions