Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Disc brake pad hardware

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Disc brake pad hardware

After replacing my rear pads with Hawks, I noticed one anti-rattle, spring slider insert was missing. I searched the web and found a Raybestos kit containing 8 clips and 4 rubber pin boots. Raybestos kit # H5774A from a place in Fort Wayne IN. Price $12 incl shipping. A perfect fit. Not sure on the dealership prices, but this seemed fair.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just re-read the great pad replacement steps in the Write-up section. The slide, anti-rattle clips are different in or out or top to bottom. The little tiny tab should face the rear of the vehicle. WHEW I had a 50/50 chance but got it right.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
After replacing my rear pads with Hawks, I noticed one anti-rattle, spring slider insert was missing. I searched the web and found a Raybestos kit containing 8 clips and 4 rubber pin boots. Raybestos kit # H5774A from a place in Fort Wayne IN. Price $12 incl shipping. A perfect fit. Not sure on the dealership prices, but this seemed fair.
I reused mine, but this info will be good for next time.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Disc brake pad hardware