Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Does JK 2011 have an Oil level sensor ??

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does JK 2011 have an Oil level sensor ??

Question in general, as found no information about if or not>>>>>

Does the JK have an Engine Oil level sensor...........as I got a message "oil change required" approx 1500 miles after I changed it first time @ 2000 miles ................now @ 3500.
Added / filled up 1/2 qt...........as it was low on the stick, and it was gone from the Info Center @ next engine start.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NO. It has an oil pressure switch
No oil level float switch, which would actually make more sense. As the consumer i can fix a low oil prolem easy if the jeep would tell me it existed, however they operate on the oil pressure and by the time that sensor finds a problem, it is already too late, motor damage has already occured.

The oil light coming on at different intervals is a calculation based on how u drive the jeep, run hours, 4x4 mode or not, ect. The more conservative u drive jeep, the more miles u will get out of oil change.

Quick Reply: Does JK 2011 have an Oil level sensor ??