Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does JK have a connector for brake controller?

Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does JK have a connector for brake controller?

Before I toss out my Tekonsha brake controller, which I used to use on my Dodge Ram (sold), does anyone know if my 2010 JK 2-door has a brake controller connection? The Teksonsha is wired for a Chrysler - it has a 4-wire block. Hoping to get a light trailer someday so maybe this would be useful to have if the trailer has electric brakes.

The cable is terminated with a block that looks like the one on the LEFT in this image:

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/full...?TK-3020-P.jpg
Old 08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mostlystock
Before I toss out my Tekonsha brake controller, which I used to use on my Dodge Ram (sold), does anyone know if my 2010 JK 2-door has a brake controller connection? The Teksonsha is wired for a Chrysler - it has a 4-wire block. Hoping to get a light trailer someday so maybe this would be useful to have if the trailer has electric brakes.

The cable is terminated with a block that looks like the one on the LEFT in this image:

http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/full...?TK-3020-P.jpg
It doesn't have any preexisting wiring but you could always run the needed wires yourself. If you don't feel like doing it and you are going to throw the controller out you can send it to me... I was looking to get one for my 96 Ram. It doesn't have wiring either but i am going to put it in.

I have a 4 pin harness from my 2008 JK I could trade for it.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwm71
It doesn't have any preexisting wiring but you could always run the needed wires yourself. If you don't feel like doing it and you are going to throw the controller out you can send it to me
Wasn't planning to literally toss it, would sell it, but would be happy to offer it to you first for a decent price if I end up not selling it. Got a call in to the dealer right now to find out if/how I could use it.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Does JK have a connector for brake controller?