Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Don-A-Vee, need info please!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don-A-Vee, need info please!

After looking through a recent thread on underhood padding and the underhood light I'm still without an answer. Are all JK's supposed to have the light under the hood? I test drove an X model back in early November that had one but the Sahara I just bought does not. Were they removed after a certain date? I called the info number on the back of the brochure I have but they couldn't answer technical questions. They told me that there is a technical information number that only dealerships could call. Would be appreciated if I or anyone else who wants to know about this issue could get an answer. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

From what I understand, the underhood lamp and hood liner as well as the floor lights have all be eliminated on JK's built after October 2006.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
From what I understand, the underhood lamp and hood liner as well as the floor lights have all be eliminated on JK's built after October 2006.
my 6 speed might clank around when in low gear and the plastic scratches easily and the water pours in on the floor boards when i open the door, but at least it hast the footwell/underhood lighting, and fire mat! lol

Sorry, had to rub it in...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

My 4dr Sahara has the hood liner but not the underhood light.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, with all these threads about the damn under hood light and blanket, I'm gonna take mine off and auction then to the highest bidder.

-E
Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My sticker lists the lights under the "S" package

My build date is 1 NOV 06, here is part of the window sticker, it shows the lights as part of the "S" option package?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sticker.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	570  
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_Blues
Man, with all these threads about the damn under hood light and blanket, I'm gonna take mine off and auction then to the highest bidder.

-E

Me too.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

My JK Sahara came with the hood liner but not the underhood or footwell lights. Would have at least liked the footwell lights.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING THEM MINE WAS BUILT IN THE END OF SEPTEMBER SO IT HAS BOTH, BUT WAS WOUNDERING WHY THEY STOPPED PUTTING THE ON?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Txhrns08
WHY DID THEY STOP MAKING THEM MINE WAS BUILT IN THE END OF SEPTEMBER SO IT HAS BOTH, BUT WAS WOUNDERING WHY THEY STOPPED PUTTING THE ON?
They could save $1.98 per Jeep.....take that X as many backorders as they have, and well Dr Z. needed a bigger bonus at the end of the year.

Quick Reply: Don-A-Vee, need info please!