Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door Ajar Sensor?

Old 11-28-2019, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I have the same issue, but worse as it rarely recognizes the door opening. I rigged a toggle switch into the door to manually 'close' the circuit and make the door ajar lights come on. I suspect it's both a design flaw and wear and tear. my jeep is used and i noticed that the seat-belt was a touch beat up, and on many occasions i've caught the buckle in the door and had to move it and close it again. i suspect that overtime has pissed off a connector somewhere, even if i can't see it. yeah, so not sure if that helps, but it could be the culprit. i don;t think it's a coincidence that it happens on the drivers side door, and it's the most used. as well, there times the latch switch has done it's job is when the buckle gets caught now.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have exactly same issue with my 2008 wrangler jk
Did you find a solution for this problem?
Old 05-08-2024, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue here. 2008 jk x
Old 05-09-2024, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the door closed all the way. With the door closed, try pushing hard on the outside of door to see if door light goes out. Also try holding the door latch in the open position and pull real hard on the door like you're trying to close it.

Here some pictures I took. On picture number 3 I used a screw driver and pushed in and the light goes out. Picture number 2, the partially engaged and light still on. Don't close the door after using screw driver to push latch in. Use door latch to reopen door latch.

Last edited by MountainTrails88; 05-09-2024 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Door Ajar Sensor?