Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

door plugs body/chassis side ?

Old 05-02-2018, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default door plugs body/chassis side ?

hey im looking for the part that the door plug/ wiring harness plugs into .. anyone know if you can buy just the part that the door plugs into .. im guessing they are only sold as part of the electric door harness for the jeep... but i could not find anything... just wondering if anyone knew... i bought some power doors to replace manual and didnt want to cut off the plugs on the doors ... but figured i could always do that and use trailer wiring plugs if needed... but would be nice to find the factory body side door plugs if possible thanks !
Old 05-02-2018, 09:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Y, I'm not 100% positive, but I'm PRETTY sure that is only sold as the entire wiring harness.....and ain't cheap.

Instead of cutting the plugs off the door, I'd remove the trim and see if there is any way to just pull that wiring to the inside of the door while leaving it in tack.....but then you're stuck with windows either up or down. How do you plan to address the window situation?

The doorside plug would also need all the wiring that would run to the center console switch unit for the windows....hence why it's all tied together.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

yeah i figured it was a complete harness... but i like your idea... i think ill just pop the panels and wire it up myself and save the factory door harness and not cut them... i have aftermarket switches wired up for the windows and a alarm to trigger the door locks..
Old 05-02-2018, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Y, interesting. After I responded, wondered about just wiring 12v through relay and switch and triggering the windows off that.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Y, interesting. After I responded, wondered about just wiring 12v through relay and switch and triggering the windows off that.

yup thats what i did works perfect !

Quick Reply: door plugs body/chassis side ?