Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

door seal coming off

Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The door gasket on my passenger door came out yesterday but went back in the channel. It wasn't torn so I think its ok.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My door seals popped out until I did two things:

1) Cleaned the excess Butyl adhesive from the windshield.
2) Glued the seals in with weatherstrip adhesive.

They work as intended now, and for $2 in adhesive I saved two hours in the service bay's waiting area.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine door seals come loose off every so often, on both doors. So far i've only popped them back in to the channels, only to have them come out a month or 2 later. Has anyone who glued them in place had any problems. I't seems like there has to be a reason why DC didn't glue them in place...
Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Door seal

I had the same thing going on(top front of pass door) I cleaned off the sticky goo with some WD 40 and put the seal back on the door but it still kept coming off, put some weatherstrip adhesive on the door channel and put the seal back on and havn't had a problem since.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

Mine did the same, there was a bit of adhesive in the the top left of the drivers side at the windshield. Dealership replaced both seals, passenger and driver side.

Not to hijak thread, the small leak for my tops is being fixed by both freedom tops being replaced. They did the tsb twice.. one tech said the other din't do it right.

Quick Reply: door seal coming off