Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Drag link bar replacement

Old 02-16-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link bar replacement

Even getting some occasional vibration felt in the steering wheel. Plus the steering feels a little loose. Watched Planman's videos on death wobble. Great video by the way. I think the problem is the drag link bar. With slip joint pliers I checked the joint top to bottom and had a 1/4" of play. Who has replaced theirs and how hard was the replacement? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

I replaced mine with a Moog unit since I am still factory height. $85 for the Moog unit and I think mine was on and off in under an hour. I don't have the part number off hand but there have been a couple of other threads about drag link replacement with the Moog part. BosoxJK just replaced his too. I can pull down the part number later on tonight if you're interested.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

200 bucks gets you a sweet Synergy Drag Link that is very beefy. Can't go wrong with the Synergy front end components imo!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. From what I'm hearing this does not seem to bad. Hope I didn't speak to soon. Mike from off-road elements set me up with the synergy one for $185 thomy door. Shipped same day. Thanks Mike.

Quick Reply: Drag link bar replacement