Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Driver Side Motor Mount

Old 07-02-2016, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Driver Side Motor Mount

How in the hell do you get this thing off on a 2007? The rubber bushing is bad and the bolt through the center is too long to remove as it butts up against the exhaust after I loosen it. I could unbolt all but one of the bolts that attach the metal housing to the engine block. The top bolt butts up against the AC condenser and cannot be taken out. I do not want to take the condenser off, but that looks like the next step. Any ideas or tips?

Last edited by BigGreenJK; 07-02-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just remove the a/c. Its 3 bolts. No need to disconnect anything. Hang it out the way on a bungee and remove the mount bolt.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Got old bushing out by way of cutting it with saw zall. How in Gods name does the new bushing fit in the bracket??? It does not look physically possible to squeeze it in there.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Stupid OEM aftermarket companies

You've already probably figured this out by now, as I'm replaying almost half-a-year later - buy a new mount that includes the metal portion of the mount, or, according to Omix-Ada customer support..."you must burn the insert out of the metal" before pressing the new insert in ("use lots of lubricant" was included their answer)! WTF?

Quick Reply: Driver Side Motor Mount