Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Esp,bag, and traction control light on after going in to ditch full of snow.please he

Old 12-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatDiver
Speed sensors in the Jeep are plug and play (they are held in place by a bolt and you merely unplug the old and plug in the new). There are even great YouTubes to see what you're up against. One thing about the Jeep is it is pretty user friendly. I have forgotten how more challenging other vehicles can be to work on.
The OP stated their Air bag light was on. Did your Air bag light come on for your speed sensor problem?

These are the lights typically associated with the speed sensors.

Last edited by Rednroll; 12-28-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's good to know
Old 12-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by lloydsmale
that's good to know
Yeah, the discussions typically get confusing because 3 lights tend to always come on and the associated problems get mixed all together in the discussions but it really does matter which 3 specific lights come on. I even had to go back and edit my original response because I mistakenly said "ABS" instead of "Air bag" light.

I had to replace a speed sensor, and can confirm those are the 3 lights I seen. From what I surmised after reading a few hundred threads on 3 dash light problems is that if the red Brake light comes on, then that points to an ABS module or ABS electronic control module failure since those parts obviously control your brakes. If the Air Bag light comes on then that is typically a clock spring problem because your clock spring is assembled in the same steering wheel as your air bag.

Last edited by Rednroll; 12-29-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Esp,bag, and traction control light on after going in to ditch full of snow.please he