Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON

Old 07-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Just a thought. Have you ever brought your 2007 in for the steering wheel clock spring recall? That's one thing I've been meaning to do myself on my 2009, but when the clock spring starts to fail, it has been known to trigger ABS related problems. If not, then that would be your cheapest solution to pursue. Also, along those same lines. You mentioned the TF leveling kit. Is your steering wheel currently centered? (ie drag link properly adjusted after lift).

Also inspect your wheel hubs. I had a similar problem with similar symptoms you described where I needed to replace my driver side hub. Although for the hub, I would expect you would have gotten a code back pointing to a specific wheel.

How to inspect wheel hubs.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-08-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I scheduled the recalls to be taken care of Wednesday through Thursday. I did not know to check the steering wheel alignment after just a small leveling kit. I'll have to research how to do that. Thank you Rednroll, and i'll let you guys know what I find....... Okay, so I edited this post and added this sentence-----> Yes I did an alignment on the vehicle after I added the TF leveling kit. For some reason, I was thinking about some special steering wheel alignment :P It's been a long day, idk what the hell i was thinking,I'll update after recalls....

Last edited by slacker713; 07-12-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checking to see if anyone has found anything out on this. I have the same lights right now. Took it to have is scanned at Oreilly's and it came back with C2200 Anti-lock Brake Module internal. The odd thing is these came up one time before and went off with in a day or so. The lights only come on when I drive over 10 mph.

Last edited by KLex10; 08-22-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Adding more detail
Old 08-22-2018, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

I just took mine in for the clock spring and air bag recalls. Clock spring didn't fix it, I have come to the decision to wait a little longer before i take my jeep to the dealership or remove the Anti-lock brake module myself since everything is working just fine. Lights are very annoying though, it hurts my soul!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got home last night and checked my Battery out. It is 3 years old and the terminals where nasty. I disconnected the battery and cleaned everything up and reconnected. Took it for a spin twice and it wasn't fixed. Started it this morning (3rd time since cleaning) and no more lights!!!! Not sure how long it will stay this way but it is fixed right now.
The following users liked this post:
Cordelia21 (10-20-2021)
Old 08-23-2018, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I test my battery (load test, voltage, crank amps, cranking voltage etc..) and it passed, replaced the terminals and my lights are still on I forgot to post this information above. But thank you for posting that, it helps me know that this could still be in my battery/generator area.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going on with me as well (2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited, 6 speed manual). Exactly the same issue, I was hoping for a solution as I was reading through the posts About a month ago my battery died and I replaced it. Couple weeks ago the lights (same as yours) started popping up at 12mph. My SuperChip reader pulled code C2200 (anti lock brake module) and B210D(low batt voltage). I'm thinking these may be older codes so I cleared them this morning. Also this morning I read to check the connections so I went ahead and cleaned the terminals myself with a wire brush and same thing with the lights. Will watch this thread and also let you know what happens next. Last summer I had all open recalls performed including the clockspring. Also curious is lately I've had a few times where my tire pressure indicator would go on and then off (pressure if fine including the spare). Its been really hot, not sure if those tire pressure sensors talk to the wheel speed sensors or if they are unrelated. Next step is to wait a few days and see what new trouble codes are reported if any.

Last edited by mtracey512; 08-24-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

I'm having this same issue. Mine is draining my battery every day (actually killing them if you believe autozone, they say both the batteries I have put in have bad cells now). Anyone have any tips on what to check?
Old 09-05-2018, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

After 3+ weeks, my lights are out on their own. It's been very dry and I went out in the pouring rain and about 100% humidity and was shocked the lights did not come on. I've been out twice since and they are still out. Will be interesting to see if they return.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing in my 2010 JK Mountain since last tuesday. I also noticed that, when the condition of the ligths is present, my automatic door locks are not activated while passing the 15 mph or as usual. The hole conditioncis coming and going..depending of his mud..sometimes I start is it is not present..sometime it activates while running..and so on...

I know some cases where the speed sensors are just dirty... so a good cleaning will do the trick.

My Brother in Law had the samething in his 2010 jk mountain and the problem was solved by just changing the ABS module...but his condition was always present..even if you reset the codes, or just perform the trick for the stering wheel sensor calibration..etc..after starting.. few minutes and it was back..

Some other circuits or modules have a problem with a common grounds that relys on this ABS module. Too expensive fix...it was about $350... Excessive humidity or poor plug connection on this module also triggers this condition...some body toll me..

I have not see this condition of humidity getting in the ABS module plug or related wires ..

I also know that many people having problems with improper or poor battery terminals conections leads to this faulty Christmas Tree ligths.(.specialy on Christmas.. just kidding..)...

I have not got the chance to troubleshoot mine, as soon as I do it I will post what I found..

I also have a Cousing with a 2009 jk that he start having these ligths on when he installed a 4" lift bushing kit, rancho shocks and bigger tires kits...however he was not aware that he required to aling the gravity center of his front differential...as soon as he aligned it, the ligthts were off after clearing codes and some time of running.

My JK only have about 37,500, factory stock no custome alterations except dealer recalls and the last tuesday it started acting with my Christmas party present since he was so happy with his new shoes..after I spent $870 in his new Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ yesterday to replace his factory BF Mud he had for 8 years.. just kidding again...sorry.. I need to troubleshoot my JK soon but since it is not a daily drive, I have no rush on it.

Today I also had a no start...short issue..but after few tries..It was ok...and after ...no more isdiss to start..in the day.

Thanks guys for your great contribution.. please keep posting so I have more info to do my JK..Thks.

Last edited by Guaitiao; 12-02-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON