JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Ever hear of Galaxy Moto Inc, out of CA....an eBay store.... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/ever-hear-galaxy-moto-inc-out-ca-ebay-store-332979/)

psheffern 04-19-2016 12:30 PM

Ever hear of Galaxy Moto Inc, out of CA....an eBay store....

I am looking for a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, and came across this company all over eBay, but they seem to be made in China, but what isnt these days.....so anyone know who they are, or buy anything from them??

DwizL 05-09-2016 03:26 PM

Don't do it!

Cheap Smittybilt knock off. I gambled on xrc knockoff & within a year's time powder coat was chipping and peeling leaving exposed to rust. Weld on rear bumper where tire carrier mounts became undone. Ended up sanding it down, shot it with a few coats of bedliner and sold it. You get what you pay for.

jedg 05-09-2016 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by psheffern (Post 4208953)
I am looking for a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, and came across this company all over eBay, but they seem to be made in China, but what isnt these days.....so anyone know who they are, or buy anything from them??

Hrm... what isn't made in china? LOTS of companies make such stuff right here in the USA...

Macman1138 05-11-2016 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by psheffern (Post 4208953)

Get one from AEV. Their stuff ain't the cheapest, but really top notch.

Canvas 05-11-2016 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by jedg (Post 4215335)
Hrm... what isn't made in china? LOTS of companies make such stuff right here in the USA...

EVO
LōD
Crawler Concpetz
Poison Spyder
ACE

Are just to name a few.

larry0071 05-11-2016 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Canvas (Post 4215794)
EVO
LōD
Crawler Concpetz
Poison Spyder
ACE

Are just to name a few.

Since Poison Spider was purchased by Transamerican/4Wheel Parts, are they really still made in the USA? I would think that Transamerican Wholesale would put a stop to that noise right quick and send it overseas for increased profits.

larry0071 05-11-2016 07:28 AM

A quick Google search agrees with you:

CEO of Transamerican Auto Parts, Greg Adler, is very excited about the new acquisition for TMG, and the potential it provides for the growth of the brand. “I really admire what Larry McRae has done in building a predominant brand so quickly. Poison Spyder is a great fit with our brands and our customer base. We look forward to developing the full potential of what McRae and his team has already worked so diligently upon.”
Along with the brand marquee, TMG will also be embracing all PSC employees. “There is a remarkable culture within our walls, and we look forward to welcoming all Poison Spyder employees to our team” announced Sean Angues, President of TMG. Angues elaborated on the importance of continuing Poison Spyder’s production domestically, “Poison Spyder products have always been manufactured within the United States, and we want to assure all loyal customers that this will continue to be common practice. Production within the USA is critical for the positive development of the brand as well as ensuring high-quality products that Poison Spyder customers rightly expect.”
Larry McRae, President of PSC, is equally as excited about the acquisition. “Transamerican Manufacturing Group provides unlimited opportunities for Poison Spyder to grow within the industry. Our whole team is eager to learn everything we can, and work with them to develop Poison Spyder into what we’ve envisioned since we acquired the company in 2009.”

Rock Hard 4x4 05-11-2016 09:50 AM

<- Not made in China. 100%, from start to finish, USA.

WarriorProducts 05-11-2016 10:00 AM

<--- Made in the USA

S148TOY 08-08-2016 06:06 PM

Thanks for info

I'm also looking for after market bumpers for my 2015 JK. I knew LOD is made in the USA, but wanted to thank everyone for all the information about other brands made in the USA. Found this thread wanting info on that GalaxyMotoinX or whatever that was??