Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Factory E-Locker – How durable?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory E-Locker – How durable?

I was just wondering; if I was to do the Ruby Locker mod and decide to play around and have some fun on dirt, wet pavement, dry pavement, etc. How well does the factory e-locker on the Ruby hold up? Do they easily bind up and not want to release after spinning some doughnuts on dry dirt or pavement? Just wondering… I probably will never do a doughnut on dry pavement with my factory locker engaged, but if I was too, would it break easy? I guess this could also be a question about how durable or how well the factory e-locker holds up when on the trails.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a rubi e-locker...but I'd be more concerned with my axle snapping....of course that's if you can get those MT's to spin with the 3.8L
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewkin
I was just wondering; if I was to do the Ruby Locker mod and decide to play around and have some fun on dirt, wet pavement, dry pavement, etc. How well does the factory e-locker on the Ruby hold up? Do they easily bind up and not want to release after spinning some doughnuts on dry dirt or pavement? Just wondering… I probably will never do a doughnut on dry pavement with my factory locker engaged, but if I was too, would it break easy? I guess this could also be a question about how durable or how well the factory e-locker holds up when on the trails.
The locker is designed for crawling over rocks, where a tire is likely to leave the ground, not hot rodding around. What you describe would be hard on any locker.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

not another lets do doughnuts on the pavement thread..
Old 03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

i heard hummers do killer doughnuts!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
i heard hummers do killer doughnuts!!!
What is a doughnut?!

BTW, locker is good also on ice and deep mud
Old 03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Yoda
What is a doughnut?!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
not another lets do doughnuts on the pavement thread..
We all at times have that little kid that comes out in us. It's not like I plan to or ever will do doughnuts in the parking lot... I was just wondering how well the lockers hold up if one of those moments should happen to come out.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The locker is designed for crawling over rocks, where a tire is likely to leave the ground, not hot rodding around. What you describe would be hard on any locker.
Agreed!!!! The thought had come across my mind about doing doughnuts, so I was curious as to how well the lockers did in general. I haven’t used my lockers a whole lot yet, but now that I am getting involved with a local Jeep club, I plan on hitting the trails a few times a year.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

a quick answer: factory e-locker is designed to be use in 4Low. doughnut in 4 low ??

Quick Reply: Factory E-Locker – How durable?