Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Factory Soft Top Bow Assembly - Smittybilt Replacement Frame

Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Factory Soft Top Bow Assembly - Smittybilt Replacement Frame

I have the Mopar soft top and the 2nd bow bar is broken at one of the welds. To make matters worse, my support straps are hanging on by a string and a thread. I began researching the cost of Mopar replacement parts and they were surprisingly expensive, even for the factory. Plus there's no clear explanation as to how to remove and replace the individual bows and straps, which are stamped and riveted as a full assembly.

I came across the Smittybilt JK full replacement bow assembly for the same price of the single Mopar 2nd bow bar, but I'm curious about the quality and features. Is it truly to the same quality or better than Mopar? Does it have the Sunrider feature? If anyone has purchased and installed this, I'd really appreciate your input and guidance on this.

BTW I'm most interested in information about the 2 door version (Smittybilt model no. 91305) but if you bought the 4 door system, I'd still like to read your thoughts.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to give Bestop a call and speak with a tech support rep. Bestop makes the OEM soft tops for Chrysler. Someone there can most likely point you in the right direction. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bow assembly

I just purchased a smittybilt soft top, my 2003 wrangler sport just came with a hard top. the guy from smittybilt said i need all these parts from chrysler before the top will work. the bow assembly that goes with the soft top is on back order until september. I didnt know if there was another bow assembly that would work with the smittybilt soft top? and I know the previous owner has done stuff to the jeep so i dont know what parts the guy from smittybilt was talking about that i would need, i might already have them.

I just want to put the soft top on!!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smittybilt frame not available

I just tried to order the 4 door version from 4 different online stores and they all said it was a new product that won't be available until summer or fall.

Quick Reply: Factory Soft Top Bow Assembly - Smittybilt Replacement Frame