Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fender coming loose???

Old 01-26-2007, 09:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fender coming loose???

Lately, my driver's side front fender feels really loose and squeaks and rattles. The problem is at the rear near the bottom. Is there an bolt somewhere to tighten them? I couldn't see any bolts that low and it's too freakin cold to be outside messing with it.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The fender or the flare?

According to the manual, The flare is attached to a support underneath with rivets, then that support/flare assembly is attached to the fender with clips of some sort. Then the fender is bolted to the body.

I would take it back to the dealer and let them do it.

However, this is what the manual shows

Pop the clips and pull the flare assembly out (disconnecting the wiring harness... somewhere...):

Take out the rivets to seperate the flare/support assembly (although i dunno why you would want to):

Remove the splash sheild:

Unbolt the fender:

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 01-26-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both my front fender assemblies are loose at the rear bottom. I can't figure out how you can tighten them. I walked around the dealership shaking them the other day and all of them were the same way.
Jim
Old 01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flare loose

It is just the fender flare (plastic) but still annoying. I guess I will have to take it back to the dealer since it should be warranty work. I just thought if it was a loose bolt I could tighten it and save a trip. I think it may be missing a rivet because the passenger's side is much tighter.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine too I just figured I would manufacture a bracket of some sort to stiffen it up.

Quick Reply: Fender coming loose???