Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A few issues before I order....

Old 10-19-2006, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a 4-door Rubicon....light greystone. The paint is absolutely perfect. 100% coverage, even on the underside of all hinges and the far reaches in the doorjams. I did look at a rescue green Sahara that had plenty of paint issues (door jams, hinges and even some flat areas), so I knew what to look for on mine. The sahara was delivered to the dealer prior to the one I bought, so perhaps Jeep has the problem resolved.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is funny because the silver X unlimited we drove yesterday looked perfect too. Every other one on the lot in the other colors had the issue. We were thinking of ordering a silver one anyway....
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed the paint on my Jeep Green Unlimited has paint issues bheind the hinges. I'm going to the dealer tonight, I'll see what he says. Hopefully they're acknowledging the issue and will fix it on the ones that are bad.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

The fact that they are still having issues with the top is approaching unbelievable. The paint issue is just lack of quality. Thank you, UAW.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd love to see pictures of the light greystone!! Haven't seen one in that color yet.

Has anyone heard that the production line was shut down temporarily?! I talked to my salesman 2 days ago, just to check on things, and he said that production of my Jeep may be delayed a little because the production line had been stopped temporarily.

I took that as a good sign!!! If they're fixing problems such as the paint or the top leakage, PLEASE DO SO BEFORE YOU BUILD MINE!!!

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 10-19-2006, 03:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
I took that as a good sign!!! If they're fixing problems such as the paint or the top leakage, PLEASE DO SO BEFORE YOU BUILD MINE!!!

Tom
Bryson City, NC

exactly what im thinking. mine should be off the line by now anyhow...
Old 10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to the Jeep dealer again today, and looked at the doors under the hinge surfaces.

Every Jeep we looked at was missing paint, but appeared to be covered at least by primer. If my JK shows up with primer behind the hinges, I'm going to refuse it until this is fixed.

Has anyone else looked at other JKs?

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
I went to the Jeep dealer again today, and looked at the doors under the hinge surfaces.

Every Jeep we looked at was missing paint, but appeared to be covered at least by primer. If my JK shows up with primer behind the hinges, I'm going to refuse it until this is fixed.

Has anyone else looked at other JKs?

Tom
Bryson City, NC
the one dealer has 4,. two of them were missing paint,

the one we just looked at today. that was just delivered was rescue green, and the paint was perfect. I'm hoping that problem was fixed.

we also noticed a couple changes in the jeep. just minor problems we noticed on the first ones. ie. bumper screws were changed and appear to be better.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

I am putting in my order from Steve White tomorrow and I already told him the same thing. I will not accept the Jeep with a leaking top or unpainted hinges. The Sales Manager is aware of both these issues as I spoke directly to him about them.

On a side note with them. Make sure you check your Jeep over very carefully before you accept it. I was there on Friday and they were hammering a dent out of the hood cowl of a white Rubicon. The service guy dented it by opening the door up too far when he was out fueling it up. I checked it when it was done and you could still see it if you looked at it right. They delivered it to the guy and of course said nothing to him about it.

I will be going over mine with a fine tooth comb when it comes in....it is still 25-30K we are spending on a vehicle here.

Last edited by Milkman; 10-22-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

I took a look at one of the first JKs my local dealership and noticed the paint missing behind the hinges (it was black on grey primer, REAL noticeable). I was talking to the OWNER of the dealership and his reply when i brought it to his attention... "Its a Jeep thing" !!!

Quick Reply: A few issues before I order....