Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Finally got my build sheet - differential question

Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default build sheet

I posted this in another place on this site but thought here might be more appropriate.I just requested my build sheet through Chrysler and it came via e mail in 2 days. I have a question though. I have a stock JK X with the "s" package (I think)Their build sheet says I have ESP (I can see the switch and it works) It also says I have Traction control (do I? How can I tell?) Easy access passenger seat??? Dana 30 front Dana 44 HD rear (How do I know on the HD rear?)Tinted windshield and front door glass (It doesn't look tinted but maybe) Sunrider soft top. Doesn't look like it to me based on photos of one and brackets on this site. CHMSL lamp What is that??? Mopar front spoiler. Where is it, under the front bumper??? Tip start???what is that? 4 springs (I hope so) Instrument panel parts module??? Front end parts module????, complete chassis parts module???Complete painted body module. Can anyone explain some or all of these. Thanks
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you request a build sheet?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rohantmh
how do you request a build sheet?
i wanna know the same thing
Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

just go to Jeep.com there is a place to contact them via e-mail and just fill that out and let them know you would like a build sheet.they will e-mail you the build sheet sometime, took less then two days to get mine but others have reported taking up to a week or two.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mike Davis
I posted this in another place on this site but thought here might be more appropriate.I just requested my build sheet through Chrysler and it came via e mail in 2 days. I have a question though. I have a stock JK X with the "s" package (I think)Their build sheet says I have ESP (I can see the switch and it works) It also says I have Traction control (do I? How can I tell?) Easy access passenger seat??? Dana 30 front Dana 44 HD rear (How do I know on the HD rear?)Tinted windshield and front door glass (It doesn't look tinted but maybe) Sunrider soft top. Doesn't look like it to me based on photos of one and brackets on this site. CHMSL lamp What is that??? Mopar front spoiler. Where is it, under the front bumper??? Tip start???what is that? 4 springs (I hope so) Instrument panel parts module??? Front end parts module????, complete chassis parts module???Complete painted body module. Can anyone explain some or all of these. Thanks

I know this post is old but in case you never received an answer in the other place I thought I would address these questions.

The easy access passenger seat is the ability to flip the top lever on the outboard side which allows the seat back to swing forward and the seat bottom to slide forward on the rails. You keep the tilt setting but not the seat front-back position.
(Maybe easy access should be in quotes )

The way to tell about the sunrider is to look at the bars that run front to rear at the outboard edges of the top (and connect to the header bar). There should be a plastic sleeve that you can slide forward to expose a hinge. If you have that it us a sunrider top.

A CHMSL lamp is the Center High Mounted Stop Light that appears just above your spare tire.

The modules are groupings of parts that are usually installed as a single unit. The Instrument Panel Parts module is the whole instrument panel assembly.

As far as the other things (at least the ones that correspond to items on my build list I can guess at as you have or I have to take their word for it. That is why I asked for the build list to begin with.

Quick Reply: Finally got my build sheet - differential question