Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fit and finish

Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fit and finish

Hi all, newbie here, have had my 13 JKU sport a since new, ordered and received early May of last year. 22k miles (500 + open road/hwy miles a week) and no problems. Occasionally damp under the drivers floor may and the door clunk, plus a cracked windshield from the winter here in NJ but will deal with that later. My question is the fit of the bottom windshield hinge covers. They are quite different gap wise and I have looked at others when at the dealer and most are better than mine. It's probably not a big deal, but it bugs me a little. In addition, the freedom panels are about 1/4 inch off where they meet at the too of the w/s frame, even though I have tried to reset them several times. Pics here of the both sides, didn't take the top yet. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4051904617.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	535048   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3027427652.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	535049   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3605611399.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	535050   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2641813092.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	535051  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

I can't comment on the windshield but all the freedom panels are like that. At least the 3 jks that I know. (Mine included) I have only ever had a problem with my panels leaking once and that was just cause the weather stripping was folded on itself. I don't know why they didn't align that properly. Guess it's just one of those jeep things... Hope that helped
Old 03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ajh818
I can't comment on the windshield but all the freedom panels are like that. At least the 3 jks that I know. (Mine included) I have only ever had a problem with my panels leaking once and that was just cause the weather stripping was folded on itself. I don't know why they didn't align that properly. Guess it's just one of those jeep things... Hope that helped
Thank you. I am pleased that it doesn't leak. Can't wait to get my soft top back on!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That gap on the freedom panels is definitely normal. The fit of the trim around the windshield is typical Jeep. You won't have show car gaps on the tub.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ncb
That gap on the freedom panels is definitely normal. The fit of the trim around the windshield is typical Jeep. You won't have show car gaps on the tub.
Not that I'm looking for a
Show car gaps, it just makes it look like the frame is slightly racked and wanted to make sure it wasn't that. Like I said, looked at some other new ones and they were a lot more consistent. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Fit and finish