Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Flood Rebuild Questions

Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flood Rebuild Questions

I could use some experienced jeepers opinion and knowledge on fixing a flooded JK. I'm thinking about buying a flooded jeep and want to gather as much information as I can. I'm curious about how much it would cost to repair it to stock, what problems I should look out for/expect to run into in the process. Theres obviously different levels of damage to flooded vehicles so if you would know how much it would cost to fix different extent of damages, etc. that would help me out a lot. Again I'm on a fact finding mission and any information/advice is appreciated!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some things to consider : Salt or fresh water? How deep was it submerged? For how long? Clear or silty, sandy water? How long did it sit before draining fluids and mold control? Salvage title means no factory warranty for anything.Electronic controls for airbags, everything could have high failure rates down the line.How much will you really save? What are the liability issues on resale? What is the intended use, off-oad only.?Just a few considerations .Sometimes, " bargains" are very expensive.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 You said it all.good luck

Quick Reply: Flood Rebuild Questions