Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fluids

Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluids

Hey I'm gonna go change oil on my Jeep and I was wondering how often do I have to change different fluids on the vehicle. Transmission, axles etc.

Do any of you guys have any knowledge you would care to share? Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As i was told, You should take a look at your owners manuel. It contains all the information you seek.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg5000
As i was told, You should take a look at your owners manuel. It contains all the information you seek.
Yes, do check your manual.

BUT... If memory serves me correctly, the manual sucks in this department. Essentially if you are on the normal schedule the manual implies the diff, tranny, and transfers case have fluids rated for "life". The thought of never changing those fluids concerns me.

However, the alternate schedule listed 30K (I believe) as the interval for those items. Also, its a good idea to change those fluids anytime you perform river/creek crossings.

Again, do double check.

Quick Reply: Fluids