Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Found source of weird heater smell - I think

Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you, thank you, thanks you!

I never would have thought that was the problem, but it was.

I am so relived, and I didn't have to tear apart the dash looking for the issue!

Old 12-17-2018, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same problem

I really hope this thread isn't dead. I have a '15 JKU and only when I turn the heat on the floor vents do I smell...something. different people say different things. I am definitely going to check this tape placement . I really hope that is what it is. Just wondering if there are any updates and if it's not the tape of anyone has ideas thanks.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Will have to take a look as well, have had a smell for quite some time just figured it was from the heater
Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Burned my charger!

Last weekend my iPhone charger burned up. Probably would have caught on fire if we hadn’t been in the car. Then today, I turn the heater on low on the feet and smelled plastic burning. I will check for the tape and the coolant, but if that isn’t it- I am at a loss. Any ideas? 2018 JK sport V6 automatic

Quick Reply: Found source of weird heater smell - I think