Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Frame allignment

Old 02-09-2021, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame allignment

could someone tell me if this is within jeep spec for jk unlimited
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5986.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	677727  
Old 02-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 339 Posts

Welcome.. Interesting info... the shop that provided this should be capable of identifying any out of specification areas or items.. What prompted the need for the frame check? Was this a Body shop?
Old 02-10-2021, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome.. Interesting info... the shop that provided this should be capable of identifying any out of specification areas or items.. What prompted the need for the frame check? Was this a Body shop?
rear ended two cars, ended up with broken body, engine and transmission mounts bent condenser. Holes in right and left cat. Plus airbags ext tho no pannel damage and my arb bullbar took most the impact rest when thru the car. Car runs pretty good now expect it isnt tracking as stright as id like presuming there has been something damaged in the steering yet there was No impact to any wheels
Old 02-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The body mounts, engine, and trans mounts breaking aren't necessarily a surprise. They're just rubber and at a certain point, they will move when the rest of it that's bolted together stops quickly. I had my transmission mount slide when I was in an accident. Similar deal though- bumper took most of the brunt and the only damage was a small crinkle in the tip of the hood. No air bag deployment though because the jeep headlight area never touched anything else.

I'd follow your gut and measure your suspension and steering off of known similar points on the vehicle. That should tell you if the axle is square under the vehicle (though usually they'll throw a wheel alignment in after an accident just to be sure). Glad to hear you're alright though.

Quick Reply: Frame allignment