Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Freedom panel question

Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom panel question

Hi guys (and girls),

I was trying to take the freedom panel off in the garage today to bed line the hard top, but i have a problem. The right side panel wont come off. I cant unscrew the annoying screw thing on it. I can only turn it a quarter of a turn and then it binds up and stops turning. The other one came off fine. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nobndry
Hi guys (and girls),

I was trying to take the freedom panel off in the garage today to bed line the hard top, but i have a problem. The right side panel wont come off. I cant unscrew the annoying screw thing on it. I can only turn it a quarter of a turn and then it binds up and stops turning. The other one came off fine. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?
Thanks for the help!
I noticed I had a lot of excess glue material under my freedom tops when it warmed up out here. I used some Goo Gone to remove it. It was near where the screws thread in. Maybe check for that?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try turning it in, then backing off .By alternating tightening and loosening, you might loosen glue or whatever is binding threads. Hopefully ,it will back off more each time and free up. Good luck!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nobndry
Hi guys (and girls),

Thanks for the help!
What is the 'annoying screw thing on it'? Please be more specific. Do you mean the two large plastic screws that go into the top sound bar?

Quick Reply: Freedom panel question