Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Freedom top problem

Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom top problem

I seem to be having a problem with my passenger side panel. The screw keeps going in at a slight angle, and I just can't figure out what is happening. I've already pulled it off to make sure that it's not just a problem of it being cross threaded. Anyway, here are a few pics.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like plier marks on screws, hopefully to remove & not to tighten, you may want to run by dealer.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kittisman
Looks like plier marks on screws, hopefully to remove & not to tighten, you may want to run by dealer.
happened to mine i removed the panel and put back on then was fine it was hard to get it started as well i just kept mine out all summer and no leaks from rain and faster removal.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

When I got my 07 Wrangler back in Jan, 07 these two screws that go into the roll bar for the freedom top were never put back in. I took them out and threw them in the toolbox and forgot about them. To this day I have no wind noise, or leaks from the missing screws. In fact I have read of plenty of guys leaving them out with out any problems. There were a lot of guys screwing them in too tight and poking a hole in the panel. That scared me, I never put them back in.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kittisman
yes, those marks are definitely due to my trying to remove them. im a bit lame brained but thankfully not that bad lol

Originally Posted by gtoneill
When I got my 07 Wrangler back in Jan, 07 these two screws that go into the roll bar for the freedom top were never put back in. I took them out and threw them in the toolbox and forgot about them. To this day I have no wind noise, or leaks from the missing screws.
awesome, i might give that a try here soon. it seems like its a bit overkill to have them. but then again, they just might have known what they were doing when they designed em that way.

Quick Reply: Freedom top problem