Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Front crossmember

Old 08-19-2012, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front crossmember

Recently, messing around off round I smashed in the front cross member that's welded to the frame in the front and hidden by that pos plastic air dam which also got ripped off. I was gna try to pull it straighter somehow or get it cut off and replaced . Should I prioritize this or screw it bc it still drives straight and doesn't seem like it affected anything, in fact I believe it saved my electronic discos from a beating.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Not sure if this will help your decision, but since I run an EVO mfg 1/4 pounder front bumper, it's a requirement to remove that crossmember for the install. It is completely eliminated on the EVO and other bumpers like the Poison Spyder Customs BFH. So it's up to you, leave it or cut it away
Old 08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks for the input bc i will be looking at aftermarket bumpers down the road. Sure glad that crossmember took the hit and not the discos !!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info.. Glad the crossmember took the hit and not the discos !!

Quick Reply: Front crossmember