Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

front seat belts dont work

Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front seat belts dont work

i went wheelin this past weekend and went on a steep decline then got stuck in a mudhole , everything was fine sun.,mon., then the passenger seat belt front is locked and cant be used then got in my jeep this afternoon (wed.6-11)the driver side front was locked in the closed position i couldnt wear my seat belt then i stopped at a store and played with the driver side and got it to pull all the way out to latch it across my body, got home the darn things stuck again.......???????????heeeeeellllpppppp
Old 06-11-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Sounds like you need to make a trip to the dealer. I wouldn't mess around with the seat belts unless someone knows what the issue is and it's easy to correct.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's dirty inside. There's a little metal ball on the side of the seat belt that will lock it up if your on a hill or have to stop quickly. It will also lock up if dirt or small debris gets lodged up next to the ball. I've had to take it apart a couple of times to clean it out. If you just need a quick fix, take the plastic molding that covers the seat belt retractor off and bang on the side of it with a small wrench or something. That'll dislodge whatever is touching the ball, but it will happen again, so eventually you will need to either take it the dealership or clean it out yourself.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

thx for the input guys, i was afraid to take it to the dealer but i did and they are going to cover it under the warranty even though it over by a lil over 400 miles

Quick Reply: front seat belts dont work