Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Full frame and half frame door fitting

Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full frame and half frame door fitting

I have an 08 Rubi with Soft Top and half doors (no, I am not getting rid of them) and want to know if I can put a full frame door on them for the winter? I ask only because I can't find half door sliders for my JK.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you wont have an issue at all...but that sounds pretty damn pricey getting yourself some full doors $$$ are you sure you want to do this?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

The reason I thought of it - I was a salvage yard getting parts for a '71 Charger and saw an 08 Sahara that appeared to have been stolen - engine and interior stripped! Doors still on it - can probably get a good deal.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by firstjk
The reason I thought of it - I was a salvage yard getting parts for a '71 Charger and saw an 08 Sahara that appeared to have been stolen - engine and interior stripped! Doors still on it - can probably get a good deal.
Sounds like a good starting point for a HEMI conversion !
Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice find! Ya, by all means if you can get 'em for a good deal go for it! You won't have any issues at all, I'm guessing you don't have power windows then? The Sahara might, but no worries, you can either equip yours with the necessary equipment to have power windows runnin in your ride, or go the other way
Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

OK - I can get a good deal on the doors - the have no damage and will require no paint! They will end up costing me $200 more than the sliders I wanted (which are back ordered forever!!!!

QUESTION - they are Electric - can I and how do I make them work?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

OK - I can get a good deal on the doors - the have no damage and will require no paint! They will end up costing me $200 more than the sliders I wanted (which are back ordered forever!!!!

QUESTION - they are Electric - can I and how do I make them work?
well heres a couple options for you....are you electrically inclined at all? ie can you easily wire up a stereo in your Jeep if you needed to? If so you could get yourself either oem parts to outfit your Jeep to run the windows (you'd need the switches, relay assembly, wire harness) or you can get aftermarket parts and frankenstein it together....don't be thrown off by that term though, it can look really good....
...or you can rip the guts outta the full frame doors and put in manual cranks...it's really not that hard at all, very easy....and I just so happen to have the manual cranks from my jeep kicking around the garage should you want them...pm me if you have any other questions I'll see what I can do to help you out
oh and the door locks you don't have to hook them up but you can

Quick Reply: Full frame and half frame door fitting