Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gas overflow when filling up

Old 02-21-2024, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas overflow when filling up

I have a 2008 wrangler Sahara unlimited and when I fill up I have to stand there to stop the pump because it never stops on its own. ☹️ any help is appreciated
Old 02-21-2024, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Those early models the fill tubes did not have a check valve so there was a big issue with backsplashing. You might look under the jeep where the fill tube crosses over to the fuel tank and see if you have this part -

believe that was a recall but maybe that jeep slipped by.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a new to me 08 JKUR with the same exact problem, if I'm not carefully listening for it to sound full I get a fender and foot full of gas.

I don't think it was a recall because the PO kept it stock and dealer maintained at the Jeep dealer it was purchased from for 16 years, so had it been recalled it should have been fixed but I just went through the service record folder and don't see any reference to it.

Quick Reply: Gas overflow when filling up