Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gear oil

Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I cant find a damn thing around here for gear oil except Royal Purple which is like $18 a litre. I've worked with a couple of people who are engineers for Exxon and Imperial and they say they would never put RP near their personal vehicles even if it was given to them. Anyone down south wanna buy some Mobil 1 75W90 and ship it down to me? haha

Sound like it is time to treat your wife/girlfriend to a little weekend trip....hop the ferry over to Portland Maine. Then clean out every Auto parts store you pass by!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Sound like it is time to treat your wife/girlfriend to a little weekend trip....hop the ferry over to Portland Maine. Then clean out every Auto parts store you pass by!
We really get peppered with those CAT commercials. Never thought anyone would have reason to go the other way. I’m sure his wife/gf would be real happy with said trip.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

I've tried to get her to go to New Hampshire twice so far this summer but she wont go because I wanted to see the Sprint Cup Race at Loudon haha, she wouldn't budge for the one in September either so maybe a trip to Maine or Mass. is in order.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I've tried to get her to go to New Hampshire twice so far this summer but she wont go because I wanted to see the Sprint Cup Race at Loudon haha, she wouldn't budge for the one in September either so maybe a trip to Maine or Mass. is in order.
Come to the (Bangor) American Folk Festival, August 28, 29 & 30, 2009. It's a pretty good show.
Tell me what gear oil you want, and I'll find an auto parts store that has it.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Come to the (Bangor) American Folk Festival, August 28, 29 & 30, 2009. It's a pretty good show.
Tell me what gear oil you want, and I'll find an auto parts store that has it.
I settled on some Valvoline 75W90 Syn Power Full Synthetic, only other thing I could find was RP and i'm skeptical of using that stuff after some of the stories i've heard. I'll see if I can convince the girlfriend to take a few days away from her work next month and maybe head down for a trip.

Quick Reply: Gear oil