Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Had Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced. Now I hear my engine from inside.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced. Now I hear my engine from inside.

About 2 weeks ago I had to replace my clutch slave cylinder. Since than I now hear my engine when it starts up, from inside the Jeep! I look underneath the Jeep and found this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00583..jpg
Views:	77
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	82255
I'm assuiming I need to cover that hole again with the rubber stopper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00580..jpg
Views:	67
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	82256
In this Pic, this hole (where the point of the red pen is) is to the left of the above pic. Is that suppose be like that?

I looked throughout the jkforum and on google for pics of the clutch slave and install but no luck.
Any advice?!
I'm going to try repluging the hole in the 1st pic today.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08YELLO-RUBI
About 2 weeks ago I had to replace my clutch slave cylinder. Since than I now hear my engine when it starts up, from inside the Jeep! I look underneath the Jeep and found this:
Attachment 82255
I'm assuiming I need to cover that hole again with the rubber stopper.

Attachment 82256
In this Pic, this hole (where the point of the red pen is) is to the left of the above pic. Is that suppose be like that?

I looked throughout the jkforum and on google for pics of the clutch slave and install but no luck.
Any advice?!
I'm going to try repluging the hole in the 1st pic today.
It looks like the plug the hose goes through the floor in just needs to be pushed back into it's hole. The other thing (you pointed at with the pen) appears to be water drain for the air conditioner, and it is supposed to be like that. That's where the water you see drip from under the Jeep comes from while the A/C is on.

Quick Reply: Had Clutch Slave Cylinder replaced. Now I hear my engine from inside.