Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Half top sliding windows

Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half top sliding windows

Are half top sliding window uppers available for JK's like they are for the TJ's? If so where can I get them? Thanks
Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neversatisfied
Are half top sliding window uppers available for JK's like they are for the TJ's? If so where can I get them? Thanks
Sadly, they don't exist.
One company made a prototype to tease us all but haven't brought them to market.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rampage products is the company that made a prototype... but their reasonong for not mass producing uppser sliders is lack of JK's made with half doors...

when the TJ came out half doors were standard and full metal were optional.. so lots of people got stuck with half door jeeps when they wanted full metal.. upper sliders were very popular.. (i had them on my TJs),

the JK is the opposite, most all JK's have full doors.. only a few people bought half doors.. and thus very little interest in upper sliders..

I started work on Fabbing up my own set by using "driver windows" from american and european Superior school buses from the 70s and 80s.. they were a nice solid aluminum framed sliding window, but the weight was too much for use on my fabric half doors (which is where i wanted to use them) so i never finished the project.. and later used my left-side window on my Bus... so i dont even have the parts to finish a single set

-Chris
Old 06-06-2015, 03:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Here's a couple of photos of some prototype slider windows designed to be retrofit into either factory uppers or Bestop uppers. These photos show the prototype frames, the glass isn't in them yet. These are not the Rampage prototypes mentioned in a previous post.

Factory:

Bestop:

Last edited by jscherb; 06-06-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
Here's a couple of photos of some prototype slider windows designed to be retrofit into either factory uppers or Bestop uppers. These photos show the prototype frames, the glass isn't in them yet. These are not the Rampage prototypes mentioned in a previous post.

Factory:

Bestop:

arent these the ones that a forum member was mocking up?
Old 06-08-2015, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Same guy.

Quick Reply: Half top sliding windows