Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard Seats

Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hard Seats

We ordered our 2008 Sahara in April last year, with the option of Leather Seats. It appears the vender pulled tight fitting very good quality leather over the manufactured seats. The seat are very tight, and there is little or no give on the seats or the backs.
It has always been Jeeps standard that the seats in the Sahara model are always softer and more comfortable than the Rubi or X models. The older TJ and YJ fell into this standard as well.
Does anyone with the leather option find their seats hard and with no give?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was informed by two dealers in our area that the Sahara has always had softer springs in the seats, even though they have the same covering.
Unless two dealers 35 miles apart are both full of Dealer Dung.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are both full of dung.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

And I wasn't aware of any option for leather other than an aftermarket install!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default shed mud?

would that leather seat option shed mud better than them cloth seats? Damn red mud won't come outa them cloth seats. guess I gotta get some neoprene and reupholster the dang seats. Or maybe just leave the top off and wait fer rain.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by huskyfargo
I have a Limited Unlimited and she came with Leather, etc...from Chrysler as well.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SUBIGON
I was informed by two dealers in our area that the Sahara has always had softer springs in the seats, even though they have the same covering.
Unless two dealers 35 miles apart are both full of Dealer Dung.
They are full of crap.My sister in law has a 2008 rubicon unlimited and I have a 2008 sahara unlimited.Same seats and if I was blind folded and sat in both I wouldn't be able to tell a difference in the seats.

Originally Posted by huskyfargo
Yes there is..its part of the limited unlimited option on the sahara unlimited..not sure about other models.

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200
would that leather seat option shed mud better than them cloth seats? Damn red mud won't come outa them cloth seats. guess I gotta get some neoprene and reupholster the dang seats. Or maybe just leave the top off and wait fer rain.
red clay would stain the leather :(
Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default cowhide???

Originally Posted by SUBIGON
We ordered our 2008 Sahara in April last year, with the option of Leather Seats. It appears the vender pulled tight fitting very good quality leather over the manufactured seats. The seat are very tight, and there is little or no give on the seats or the backs.
It has always been Jeeps standard that the seats in the Sahara model are always softer and more comfortable than the Rubi or X models. The older TJ and YJ fell into this standard as well.
Does anyone with the leather option find their seats hard and with no give?
that cowhide is gonna be hard in that frozen tundra ya'll call home. send me them leather seats they'll get broke in and soft as u want when i send em back to ya. oil em well and regularly

Quick Reply: Hard Seats