Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard top and soft top exclusive of each other?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top and soft top exclusive of each other?

Hi guys, I wanted to find out if you could keep the soft top folded down and put the hard top over it? I think the answer is going to be that it has to be removed. If it has to be removed, does all of the hardware have to be removed as well or can most of that stay if you want to put the hard top on?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I run mine that away all the time. With the soft top down under the hard top it creates a trunk of sort. No one can see what your carrying behind the seat. Just when you set your hard top on, make sure it isn't pinching the soft top. You do this by lifting the folded down soft top 6 inches or so. I have a 2011 2dr BTW. Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

You can but I find it to be in my way. It limits access to the back when opening the tailgate. It is very easy to take out just 4 bolts to remove.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the information!

Quick Reply: Hard top and soft top exclusive of each other?