Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard water spot removal

Old 12-04-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washing the JK

I own a Detail shop in Houston, Texas Claying the Jeep first before put on the Wax is a great way to clean the All the debrie off the paint before applying the wax. You stated that when you wash your Jeep it dry before you finish washing it.
First ,The best and qick way to dry your Jeep is to use a Weed Blower to blow off all the water then followed up with a good Micro Fiber towel. As for removing water spots find a good metal polish (I use Stinger metal Polish to Remove hard water stains.) This is the only thing that works. After Five years of begin in business I found that this is the only product that will remove hard water stains. Good Luck

Last edited by TKJEEP; 12-04-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Clay bar first and once a year

2. Mr. Clean for regular washing

3. A good wax once a year (I prefer Mothers products)
Old 12-05-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Spots??

I have found white vineger works well and its cheap. Wash off or your JK will smell.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't let the sun continue to dry your windows. I had a F150 and the windows were permanently blotched. The local glass company said it would be wiser to get new windows than have them buff the old ones out with a possibility of distortion. So, now I take care of my windows.

Quick Reply: Hard water spot removal