Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

hardtop wiring

Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hardtop wiring

For those of you who have a soft top and are going to switch to a hardtop don't make the same mistake I did! In order to power the rear wiper and defroster you need to buy a wiring harness kit which I got for 150 bucks! This includes everything you need EXCEPT GOOD INSTRUCTIONS and COMPUTER FLASH! The labor at a dealership is about 250 bucks for the install. This sounds expensive but please trust me it is worth every penny!!!! I am a very mechanically inclined person 6hrs later still was not done bloody fingers and a broken connector!!! Decided to go to dealership to get computer flashed and told them to finish it! 150 bucks later they fixed the connector I broke and found I had something wired wrong in the tipm! They told me I got lucky that I could have burned up the tipm! So my advice is TAKE IT TO THE DEALER IT IS WELL WORTH THE 250 BUCKS this includes the flash ;-)

Quick Reply: hardtop wiring