Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlights

Old 12-15-2013, 12:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkamp
For those of you with the Trucklites...

I've been looking into the Trucklites. I do a ton of small two lane highway driving at night. Are they bright enough that you have to deal with people flashing their brights at you to dim your lights, or is it not an issue? I would like brighter lights, I just don't don't want to go blinding everyone or have to deal with people hi-beaming me for no reason.

Thanks.
So far, no issues in our JKUR with the Trucklites. They're bright, but not offensive to oncoming traffic. They're also DOT approved.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
So far, no issues in our JKUR with the Trucklites. They're bright, but not offensive to oncoming traffic. They're also DOT approved.
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. I do try to be conscientious of other motorists. I used to drive vehicles much lower to the ground, and therefore understand the pure hatred that can be generated by someone with a set of overly bright headlights.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the IPF conversion for $110, $50 for the bulbs, and about $100 bucks for the parts to make the harness ( including caps & diodes & connectors ) You can also get a harness ready made from Rally Lights. OK4WD also sells the Rally harness.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you with the Trucklites... I've been looking into the Trucklites. I do a ton of small two lane highway driving at night. Are they bright enough that you have to deal with people flashing their brights at you to dim your lights, or is it not an issue? I would like brighter lights, I just don't don't want to go blinding everyone or have to deal with people hi-beaming me for no reason. Thanks.
Once they are properly aimed and adjusted you won't have any issues, if you find that you do, just lower the beam just a bit more untill you find the sweet spot.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are folks in the snow and ice areas having issues with the LED set ups not generating enough heat to remain clear?

I remember reading somewhere people were complaint about that. Can't remember which brand set up it was but it was LED.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TJM12
Once they are properly aimed and adjusted you won't have any issues, if you find that you do, just lower the beam just a bit more untill you find the sweet spot.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Are folks in the snow and ice areas having issues with the LED set ups not generating enough heat to remain clear?

I remember reading somewhere people were complaint about that. Can't remember which brand set up it was but it was LED.
From what I saw it is the Trucklites, but I would imagine it would be with any LED setup.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

It comes down to budget.
under $60 gets you new bulbs in the old housing
under $200 gets you converted bulbs and a new housing
under $500 gets you better bulbs better housing, and a wiring harness to bypass the TIPM
closer to $1000 gets you trucklites or JW speakers
You know you can buy a complete TruckLite setup for $389 from Northridge, so you don't need $1000 to buy them.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
You know you can buy a complete TruckLite setup for $389 from Northridge, so you don't need $1000 to buy them.
What he said. I love my trucklites
Old 12-15-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those of you with the Trucklites...

I've been looking into the Trucklites. I do a ton of small two lane highway driving at night. Are they bright enough that you have to deal with people flashing their brights at you to dim your lights, or is it not an issue? I would like brighter lights, I just don't don't want to go blinding everyone or have to deal with people hi-beaming me for no reason.

Thanks.
The light pattern is wide, so you see more to the sides.
At the far edge in front, the cutoff is sharp, and in a straight horizontal line.
No one has ever flashed at me. I aimed the lights so they hit a little bit below on-coming traffics' windshields.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

It comes down to budget.
under $60 gets you new bulbs in the old housing
under $200 gets you converted bulbs and a new housing
under $500 gets you better bulbs better housing, and a wiring harness to bypass the TIPM
closer to $1000 gets you trucklites or JW speakers
What pray tell does TIPM stand for?

Quick Reply: Headlights