Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help Changing Steering U Joint

Old 08-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Help Changing Steering U Joint

Please excuse my possible improper terminology however as you can see in the video that I will be linking, my steering is very lose and the joint feels as if it needs to be replaced. It looks just like two bolts but I figured I would post up here for some advice, part numbers or repair procedures. Thanks again in advance.

https://youtu.be/uo87PYc0py8
Old 08-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Lower steering shaft or intermediate lower steering shaft, I'll go get the part number for you. It's a super easy fix and takes 10 mins to do. It's 2 bolts and you're back in shape. You'll notice immediately when it's replaced. I thought it was a gamble to replace it since nobody online had much info on replacing one and if it would actually fix anything but it's worth it.

55351281AE, don't worry with getting the AF revision as Chrysler has switched back to the AE revision.

Last edited by karls10jk; 08-15-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Lower steering shaft or intermediate lower steering shaft, I'll go get the part number for you. It's a super easy fix and takes 10 mins to do. It's 2 bolts and you're back in shape. You'll notice immediately when it's replaced. I thought it was a gamble to replace it since nobody online had much info on replacing one and if it would actually fix anything but it's worth it.

55351281AE, don't worry with getting the AF revision as Chrysler has switched back to the AE revision.
Thank you again sir for the info.

Could this one be it? I like this company and need to order a few other items anyway.

More Information for MOPAR 55351281AE
Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Yessir, that's the correct one. I bought from one of the eBay Mopar stores but it's all the same. If you've got more to buy through Rock Auto then I'd spend my money there too. They've got awesome warranty service should you need it.

Quick Reply: Help Changing Steering U Joint