Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP!! Door Lock Cylinder Removal

Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Door Lock Cylinder Removal

If anyone has removed the door lock cylinders on the full doors I would love to hear your input. I just got full doors to replace my half doors and need to get the locks keyed so they will work with my existing keys. Can anyone help guide me into removing the Cylinders? Thanks guys!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old post, but I found it during a search.
Hopefully, you received a PM answer or found it elsewhere.
If not, here it goes:
There isn't an easy way without taking off the inner trim panel, door inner, and latch. The key cylinder engages in a pocket in the latch. Once exposed, the lock cylinder only has a metal clip holding it in place.
The struggle will be getting the door inner panel off the door. The key to that is the "secret" release tab on the glass and the access holes on the door inner. (I used a flat screwdriver from the top to release the tabs, but many others found the access holes at the bottom a better choice.)

Quick Reply: HELP!! Door Lock Cylinder Removal