Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with fluid leak?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with fluid leak?

I just noticed today that my 07 auto JK is leaking some sort of fluid/oil. It is almost light brown in color. But I dont know where it is coming from. I have an aux B&M supercooler but that seems fine, I have not seen any leaks. I am guessing it is transmission fluid, but I checked both the oil and trans fluid and they seem fine as well. It seems it builds up in front of the radiator thing. Below are some pics I took on my crappy cell phone if any yall know what kind of leak it is. Cant do much now since Im at work ( browsing this site ).

The last pick is almost right below the steering stabilizer.
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it might be coming from the tranny cooler line. Have you checked the clamps for tightness? You can also clean up the area with some brake cleaner and then try to track the leak down. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did clean it, well with some towels, and I let it run for a while, changing from P to D back and forth, and after a while after shutting the engine off, it starts to drip from right behind the radiator ( if thats what it is called, same place as the picture above #2 ). I checked the lines from the aux cooler other than being dirty they seem fine.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I found out where it is leaking at. Right behind the radiator thing on the drivers side.
My question now is how do I access the lines that are leaking?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Tranny cooler lines. There are two. One end has a small nut on it and the other has a quick disco on it if I remember right. Crawl under and look for two metal lines that go from the bottom of the rad to the trans. That's them. will try to post a pic tomorrow for you.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok cool thanks.
Ima try right now going under and check.

Quick Reply: Help with fluid leak?