Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP! JK Won't Start

Old 08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Thats interesting... I also keep having the code for the transmission overheating come up when I do a code check. The dealership has flashed the computer a few times and it keeps comong back. Is anyone else with starting issues having tranny issues or overheating? I hope we can figure this out cause jeep clearly never will.
no problems with the tranny on my end or any codes related per dealer anyhow...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Have already had my fuse box and computer replaced and I still have this issue.
I would question if they really replaced it or not. I always ask to see the original part when they say they have to replace something.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whpony96
I would question if they really replaced it or not. I always ask to see the original part when they say they have to replace something.
My dea;ership is super friendly and I was actually in the garage bay while the old one was taken out and replaced. They let me watch and a few times i have assisted whenever my jeep is there. I only let one guy, Simon, touch the Rubi. They have done enough for me I sent the service department pizza for lunch one day and now they are super easy to deal with.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine did that twice. I have an automatic - ( shame on me ). I put it in neutral and it started. Dealer re - programmed the Computer.We thought that was the problem. Second time - the shift cable had come off. If it happens again - and you have an automatic - unscrew your center console/ tranny tunnel cover and check your cable. It has a plastic connector on it. Happened twice so far.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Hi everybody. This is my first post as I just joined the forum. Here is another data point on this issue- I have a 2008 Wrangler Sahara with the 6 speed. My wife was at the grocery and when she came out it refused to start- turned the key- nothing. The dash lights came on, etc, but no turnover whatsoever. So she had it towed to the dealer, who pretty much did what TEEJ described in his post- pull that fuse, wait 30 seconds, the computer basically reboots, and presto, it starts. The technician said it 'might happen again...' thus the walk thru on what to do if it does. (He added that you would need a small screwdriver to release said fuse, 'so have one handy' was his advice...) However, unless we are out four wheelin and have no access to a tow truck, we will have the thing towed the next and every subsequent time this happens just to get the dealer used to the idea that we won't go away until we get some sort of permanent fix. This should not be happening on a brand new vehicle of any sort- from the looks of these postings, the problem may be fairly widespread.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just returned from dealer...

...after my third trip there, in the last 6 months, for help with the intermittent "non starting" issue. This time the dealer replaced the starter, after testing the original and finding that it failed.

We'll see if this gets it done.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Teej -- Thank you for the write-up. My 2009 (2200 miles) did this at my house over the weekend. Everything worked, but would not start. I even tried the 4LO no clutch. I charged the battery with a CTEK charger. I tried it at least 25 times. I even disconnected and reconnected the battery. No start. I was about to have it towed to the dealer. I found this post yesterday and tried it last night. Yeah, I can drive my new Jeep again! If it continues to not start reliably, I will have it towed to the dealer.
-Bill
Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Dang it... this just happened to me this afternoon. Nice day today... was out in St Louis driving around. Then had to take my son to a dental appt. Came out a couple hrs later, and Jennie wouldn't start! Dashboard lights, etc came on, etc, but when the key was turned, nothing. No sound of turning over or anything.

Thought the battery was going dead, so had it jumped, but no dice. Will go back in a few minutes and pull the fuse to see if that works. Wish me luck!

Thanks,
Regg
Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

TEEJ!!! You are the man! Used your method and waited 30 sec... and Jennie fired right up. Thanks for taking the time to post with a clear write up with pics. Saved me a lot of a$$pain and $.

Regg
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

ive been having this problem also

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=white+widow

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=white+widow

Quick Reply: HELP! JK Won't Start