Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help. Limp mode. Trim tommorow. I will be stuck with minivan.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help. Limp mode. Trim tommorow. I will be stuck with minivan.

O yesterday I hit big puddle on road and since then been in limp mode. Air box dry. Battery and grounds good. Fuses good. Not sure what to check next. Gets up two about 2500 rpms and flubs. I can keeping going and gain speed but Leaving for trim tommorow pulling trailer across my pass. Baught some mad electric cleaner going to spray the connectors and disconnect the battery over night. No codes.

Last week I had a no start condition one day. I am thinking of pulling my stereo from best but install out and see what they used as a power sourse. It's been about 4 month since stereo install but some times stereo doesn't shut off or start. Other day had blown power out let fuse. Gremlins man but this one I will hear from the wife"let's just take the van. Then I am screwed".

I have tq app any pids or test to check/rub. ?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I call it limp mode. Not sure if that is actually a technical event or not.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a way to reset "limp mode" 2012 JKU Rubicon. Here is utube video. http://youtu.be/MxYWpiQAibo
Old 07-04-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone? I am taking it to the dealership bring it's under warentee. I don't think it was anything to do with my tunner. Cleaned all sensors and no water in cai. My cai is a tepe that uses stock location and fully enclosed airaid. I did hot a big puddle before it happened but intake was dry. Tried leaving battery cables off. Put fresh gas in from good station. Any quick things I could check before dealership. Like to drive it being it's so nice out. Thanks
Old 07-04-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10-15 min to reset the ECU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeh. Tried code reader at auto parts abd there scanner had lean bank 1 and 2. Only thing I can think is my skid plates are holding in the heat and the cates are super heTing. Or fuel pump
Old 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Learo2000GT
Yeh. Tried code reader at auto parts abd there scanner had lean bank 1 and 2. Only thing I can think is my skid plates are holding in the heat and the cates are super heTing. Or fuel pump
I am getting all kinds of lights now. Fan isn't working. Taking it in tomorrow to dealership. .

Quick Reply: Help. Limp mode. Trim tommorow. I will be stuck with minivan.