Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help! Lost my key!

Old 06-10-2007, 04:19 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know you should put a GPS on those keys
Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks!!!
After you go through all the crap of getting to the dealer for the keys, you'll get home and find it in the fridge next to the beer.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Dealerships are closed here in Detroit on Sundays too. Figures - you'd think they'd want to sell more cars here in MOTOWN!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

some Locksmiths can do it. dont know the $$$$$$. it might be worth checking...
Old 06-10-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't believe the car dealers in some area close on Sunday. So, people who have Sat. and Sun. off can go car shopping only on Sat. or during the week after work... Sat. must be crazy busy...

I guess it must be some kind of law (State, County etc.)... I think it's called "blue law". When we used to live in NYC, we sometimes rent a car so that we can get away from the crowded city (to rent a parking space cost over $300/month!). One time, we drove to NJ (Bergen County) on Sunday and pretty much everything (other than grocery stores and restaurants) was closed. It seems that businesses are closed on Sundy at more conservative/religious area... even though Bergen County is right across Manhattan / George Washington Bridge, and it doesn't look conservative or religious at all though... more like Asian community.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Iowa is a closed on Sunday state. Nice thing about it is that you can go and look at window stickers all day and they dont come around and bug the $hit out of you.
But the cars and JEEPS are locked.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Has anybody bought a new key from a dealer? I was told it around $180.00 programed.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
JK Junkie

and make sure they dont charge you.... you were supposed to get two (2) keys when you purchased!

tell them it is under warranty b/c they were supposed to give you two and if you had two, you wouldnt have the problem and based on the fact they failed to give you two... its covered under warranty.......

i am sure that didnt make sense.... good luck!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

oh... and check the green booklet case and the baggy in it.... someone said their's was in there.... both of mine were attached to the dealer key chain
Old 06-11-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Sooooo

I went to the dealership this morning with my VIN and guess what I found out!? I have to have my jeep there to get it programmed... So I had to get my jeep towed in so that they could make me a couple of keys. (spring Dodge didn't charge me for the tow)

So the moral of the story is LOCK UP A SPARE KEY! it was a mess and I am now about 4 hours late for a meeting with a customer.

Just wanted to update and thank all of those who offered tips. Looking forward to hittin the trails with yall in the future

Quick Reply: Help! Lost my key!