Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with prioritizing mods... PLease!

Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The JK comes weekend warrior friendly right out of the box.

But I would go with...
1 - 2.5" Teraflex
2 - Bumpers and Winch
3 - Lights
4 - ???
Old 03-23-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Winch

If/when i would do a winch I need a bumper too correct? I have seen the write up making the stock bumper to accept a winch and thought it looked good for cheap. Anyone do that? Or thoughts on cheap winch bumpers?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Budget

I started with the bare bones sport too. The only option mine came with was rubicon tires. They were actually rubi take-off rims with new rubi tires. Personally, I think this a great place to start. You can really make it your own on a budget. If you look through the for sale section on the forum you can find some great deals on used and take-off parts. Craigslist and ebay are good places to pick up stuff for great prices. Look for a local Jeep club. I have gotten a couple of things from local guys who were not using them anymore.

I have also repainted a number of components. While it dosen't make you jeep anymore functional, it at least makes it unique. Look through the write-ups section for some cheap and easy paintables. While you are there, there are a number of free mods.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chopper3330
If/when i would do a winch I need a bumper too correct? I have seen the write up making the stock bumper to accept a winch and thought it looked good for cheap. Anyone do that? Or thoughts on cheap winch bumpers?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...h+stock+bumper

There's also a few more write-ups floating around.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have also repainted a number of components. While it dosen't make you jeep anymore functional, it at least makes it unique. Look through the write-ups section for some cheap and easy paintables. While you are there, there are a number of free mods.[/QUOTE]

That is a cool idea. I have thought about doing the bedliner in the rear but havent pulled the trigger. I will search the paintables.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default what size winch

What size winch would you recommend. I was think 8500 would be enough but would hate to cheap out and regret it.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

What size winch would you recommend. I was think 8500 would be enough but would hate to cheap out and regret it.
I have a 8k winch and never had a problem getting someone out. Anything between 8k-10k would be a good spot, anymore would just be overkill.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Superchip

Also I have not seen a superchip flashpaq mentioned. I thought this might be one of the first things but maybe not. Would you guys do this?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also I have not seen a superchip flashpaq mentioned. I thought this might be one of the first things but maybe not. Would you guys do this?
id regear on a stock jeep before buying the superchip flashpaq again
Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Winch

I picked the Recon 10,500 lb. You can get it for under $500 shipped. It comes with synthetic line and two remotes. One wired and one wireless.

I don't have any experience with any of the programmers. I would apply the funds to something else for now.

I know a number of people have modified the original bumper for use with a winch. I think if you look around, you could probably find a replacement bumper for about the same price.

Quick Reply: Help with prioritizing mods... PLease!