Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Help with stock equipment.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with stock equipment.

If this is a noob question please refrain from the obvious comments. Haha. I have a 2008Sahara 2 door model and I just wanted to know if the stock equipment includes a transmission cooler and also if the stock model comes with any skid plates.

I ask about the tranny cooler because during a recent drive to palm springs I recieved a "hot-oil" notification, it was 112 degrees but none the less it is strange for a Sahara running on 33's with a 1.5" leveling kit.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think all Jk's come with a tranny skid plate. Just that.
As for the tranny cooler, I dont know, Im pretty sure it has a stock one that apparently doesnt work sometimes lol. Im a noob as well when it comes to the technical stuff.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock wrangler does come with a skid plates. I believe all wranglers have the same skid plate set up. Some peopel just add to theirs.

Also autos do come with a stock transmission cooler. See the attached thread where they are installing an auxillary cooler in line with the stock cooler:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...mission+cooler
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think all JKs come with a gas-tank skid and a transfer-case skid, and only the automatics come with tranny skid (because part of it sits a lot lower than manuals).
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock automatic tranny cooler is poorly positioned and probably undersized to boot. Check out the previously posted thread. Adding a cooler is a common upgrade. It's next on my list of things to be done. You should do a search on evaporative canister skid, canister relocation, and oil pan skid for additional protection ideas.

Last edited by kingteddybear; 09-07-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

a lot everyone. It seems as if adding the extra cooler is what will fix it. I'm checking the other thread as we speak. Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: Help with stock equipment.